I've worked with hundreds of people who are preparing to retire and hundreds who are already in retirement. It has provided me with recognition and a deep understanding of what seems to lead to retirement happiness and success.
The countless clients from all walks of life have given me insight into what themes and actions work in the real world. A world-class retirement means different things to different people -- some want to sail the world and others want to take care of their grandkids. But over the past 25 years, I've noticed there are themes that increase the chance of retirement success -- what I call a High Return Retirement.
A High Return Retirement is not your ordinary traditional retirement.
It's a new way of thinking about retirement and life. At the core, it is about making investments across three broad areas of life and being able to confidently answer eight questions:
1. Lifetime Income. Will I have enough income for my desired lifestyle?
2. Financial De-Risking. Will I run out of money in retirement?
3. Time Focus. Will I make the most of the rest of my life?
4. Uncertainty/Resilience. Will I be okay when things go wrong?
5. Health. Will I be in good health?
6. Purpose. Will I be bored?
7. Values + Vision. Will I live the life I want?
8. Relationships. Will I be lonely in retirement?
MEET THE RETIREMENT FINANCIAL PLANNER
Robert is passionate about helping people planning for a high return retirement. He’s the founder of Pacifica Wealth Advisors and has over 22 years of experience as a retirement financial advisor.
You may have seen him on Katie Couric, Dr. Phil or Good Morning America as an expert in finances. Robert is a certified financial planner as well as a CFP® Ambassador, one of only 50 in the country!
He holds a Ph.D. in retirement planning from The American College and is focused on how to make retirement portfolios last decades while providing a steady source of income.